Here you will find historical documents, such as CN Database release announcements, old letters updating the requirements and other old documents related to the software evaluation and approval process.
Child Nutrition (CN) Database Release Archives
Previous versions of the Child Nutrition Database are available below:
Child Nutrition (CN) Database Release Announcements
The letters announcing the availability of the new release of the CN Database, usually annually, are listed below.
Documents Updating or Explaining Specifications and Requirements
These documents have been replaced or the information has been incorporated into other documents.
- SCHOOL FOOD SERVICE SOFTWARE SYSTEM (SFSSS): Specifications and Functional Requirements Document For Nutrient Standard Menu Planning Software Programs, 2nd edition, October 2009, Updated December 2010 (PDF | 748)
- 2005 Letter to Software Developers (PDF | 22 KB)
- 2003 Letter to Software Developers (PDF | 14 KB)
- 1999 Software Vendor Meeting Follow Up Letter (PDF | 13 KB)
- 1999 Software Vendor Meeting Minutes (PDF | 17 KB)
- Letter Accompanying Guidance Documents (PDF | 23 KB)
- Guidance Documents Table of Contents (PDF | 10 KB)
- Letter Stating FNS will Test Software (PDF | 22 KB)
- Letter About CN Database Management (PDF | 23 KB)
- Local Standardized Recipe and Product Date Entry (PDF | 140 KB)
- Food Grouping (Category) System (PDF | 21 KB)
- Nutrients (PDF | 23 KB)
- Food Include, Subcode, and Subcode Description Files (PDF | 34 KB)
- Measures and Gram Weight File (PDF | 31 KB)
- Food Buying Guide and Food Buying Guide Link Files (PDF | 39 KB)
- Incorporating Other Food/Nutrient Data into the NNDCNP (PDF | 14 KB)
- Specifications Document, March 6, 2008
Other NSMP-Related Materials
This section includes support materials for NSMP that are not specific to the evaluation and approval of software.