Submitting Application Electronically
- If needed, provide application details and special circumstances in a Cover Letter (optional).
- *Note- File attachments must be limited to 50 MB, total. You may need to send multiple emails depending on the size of each individual attachment.
- Include the following:
- Completed HUSSC Application (save as PDF and attach to email).
- Scanned copy of the School Wellness Policy and Team Nutrition Verification.
- Electronic copies of monthly menus for reimbursable school breakfast and lunches served in your school or institution (Menus must reflect two consecutive full weeks). A “full week” refers to the regular weekly cycle under which the school operates. A “full week” does not contain missed days due to holidays, teacher workdays, shortened school days, inclement weather closings, or other days missed due to unforeseen circumstances.
Menus may be submitted in PDF or Word document format, or may be scanned and sent as image files.
- Electronic copies of production records for the 2 weeks (not required for bronze level).
Production records must indicate the actual daily meal count (students and adults); menu items used to meet meal pattern requirements, planned portion sizes by age/grade; quantities prepared for each menu item, a la carte items sold on the serving line with the reimbursable meal (if applicable), and leftover servings.
Production records may be submitted in PDF, Word document, or Excel spreadsheet format, or may be scanned and sent as image files.
- Scanned documentation including recipes, food product ingredient statements, and/or Nutrition Facts labels to verify that the criteria have been met for the following: Whole-grain products; A la carte, snack bar, and vended items sold anytime, anywhere on the school campus.
Supporting documentation for the two-weeks of menus submitted is required, including:
- Lunch 6-Cent Certification Worksheets* completed for the two-week menu period (nutrient analyses are not required), (http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/Governance/Legislation/certificationofcompliance.htm)
- Production records (for Silver, Gold and Gold of Distinction Awards),
- Product information, such as Nutrition Facts labels, ingredient statements, recipes, and CN labels, and
- Whole grain-rich documentation.
According to what foods are offered on the menu and as competitive foods, schools may also need to submit product formulation statements from the manufacturer, or copies of the actual product label. In some cases, copies of the front and back of the actual product label may be necessary. Information on acceptable product documentation, including those from the Internet or manufacturer product fact sheets, is described in the guidance memo TA 07-2010.
Email the application file and accompanying documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an email response letting you know the application has been received.
Include the following information in the body of the email*:
Award level of application: Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Gold Award of Distinction
*Note- File attachments must be limited to 50 MB, total. You may need to send multiple emails depending on the size of each individual attachment.