Include healthy choices on the school campus—whether they be in the cafeteria, school store, vending machines, classroom, or fundraisers.
All Foods Available on CampusSchool Meals
Check out these resources to plan, purchase, prepare, taste-test, and promote healthy school meal choices.
- Requirements and Nutrition Standards – Check out these resources to make sure your school meals are meeting federal requirements and national standards.
- School Breakfast Program – Find resources for starting a School Breakfast Program or enhancing existing options.
- Menu Planning – Healthy school meals start with a well-planned menu. These tools and guides can help.
- Recipes – Looking for student-friendly recipes that are also healthy? Check out these resources.
- Taste-Testing - Taste testing empowers students to make decisions about what is served, and often helps them change their food choices. Find evaluation forms and other tools to help conduct taste tests in your program.
- Smarter Lunchrooms - Promote healthy eating behaviors with simple changes to the lunchroom environment at your school.
- Tools for Schools - A one-stop guide that helps schools offer healthier and appealing meals and snacks that meet national nutrition standards.
Smart Snacks (Competitive Foods and Beverages)
Use these resources to establish healthy food choices outside of school meals.
Classroom Celebrations, Student Incentives, Rewards, Fundraisers
Establish guidelines for student incentives and rewards, classroom snacks, fundraisers, and school and classroom celebrations.
Ensure access to safe drinking water throughout the day at no cost to students.