Chefs Move to Schools Webinar: April 14, 2011Chefs Move to Schools Webinar: April 14, 2011
The February 24th Chefs Move to Schools Webinar generated so much interest that we hosted a second webinar to answer some of the most commonly asked questions as well as provide time for participating chefs and schools to ask any additional questions they have about Chefs Move to Schools.
Our question and answer panel included:
- Sam Kass, White House Assistant Chef and Policy Adviser for Healthy Food Initiatives;
- Janey Thornton, PhD, USDA Deputy Under Secretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services ;
- Garrett Berdan, RD, Nutrition and Culinary Educator and Consultant Chef Volunteer at the Bend LaPine School District, Bend, Oregon;
- Katrina Wiest, Wellness Specialist, Bend LaPine Schools Nutrition Services in Bend, Oregon;
- Carlin Breinig, Chef Volunteer at Autrey Mill Middle School, Johns Creek, Georgia;
- Timothy Cipriano, Chef and Executive Director of Food Services for New Haven Public Schools in New Haven, Connecticut;
- Kern Hall, Area Manager of Food and Nutrition Services for Orange County Public Schools in Orlando, Florida; and
- others around the country who are participating in the Chefs Move to Schools program.
Target Audience: Chefs and school personnel participating in the Chefs Move to Schools program
View the Recorded April 14th, 2011 CMTS Webinar (WMV | 34.3 MB)
USDA. Food and Nutrition Service.
Please watch to the recorded Chefs Move to Schools webinar session if you were unable to attend. This file includes the slides and recording. Handout