|No Time to Train: Short Lessons for School Nutrition Assistants|
Developer: National Food Service Management Institute (NFSMI)
Publication Date: 2011
Abstract: The format for No Time to Train lessons includes an overview, preparation checklist, lesson at a glance with timeline for conducting the lesson, reference and instructor's script. No special audiovisual or electronic equipment is needed to conduct the lessons. The lessons can be presented in the cafeteria, media center, or classroom.
- Lesson 1 - Five Steps for Food-Safe Taste Testing
- Lesson 2 - Effect of Batch Cooking on Food Quality
- Lesson 3 - Determining When to Batch Cook
- Lesson 4 - Receiving Affects Customer Satisfaction
- Lesson 5 - Identifying and Preserving Quality in Value-Added Products
- Lesson 6 - Best Practices Affect Quality of Value-Added Products
- Lesson 7 - Food Production Records - Why?
- Lesson 8 - Food Production Records - What and Where?
- Lesson 9 - Food Production Records - Who and When?
- Lesson 10 - How Foods Are Portioned
- Lesson 11 - Combine Multiple Servings - by Count
- Lesson 12 - Combine Multiple Servings - by Volume
- Lesson 13 - Combine Multiple Servings - by Weight
- Lesson 14 - School Wellness
- Lesson 15 - Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010
- Lesson 16 - MyPlate - The "New Generation" Food Icon.
- Lesson 17 - MyPlate - Focus on Fruits.
- Lesson 18 - MyPlate - Let's Talk Vegetables!
- Lesson 19 - MyPlate - A Look at Grains.
- Lesson 20 - MyPlate - Dairy Matters.
- Lesson 21 - MyPlate - Protein Foods.
- Lesson 22 - Let's Talk Oils and Fats!
- Lesson 23 - Physical Activity!
- Lesson 24 - Hot and Cold Foods Temperatures
- Lesson 25 - Preventing Accidents in the Kitchen
- Lesson 26 - Identifying Kitchen Area Work Hazards
- Lesson 27 - Using a Metal Stem Thermometer
- Lesson 29 - Portioning Matters
- Lesson 30 - Protecting Quality Through the Flow of Food
- Lesson 31: Quality Standards: A Cafeteria Checklist
- Lesson 32 - Identifying the Parts of a USDA Quantity Recipe
- Lesson 33 - Herbs, Spices, and Seasonings
- Lesson 34 - Adjusting a Recipe with Herbs and Spices
Image courtesy of National Food Service Management Institute (NFSMI)