Local School Wellness Policy Process – Follow these steps to put your local school wellness policy into action to impact students’ health and lifelong choices.
- Local School Wellness Policy Process
- Background Information
- The Case for Wellness Policies
- Assembling the Team
- Needs Assessment
- Development and Implementation
- Build Awareness and Support
- Assessment (Monitoring and Evaluation)
- Reporting to the Public
- Share Your Story
Wellness Policy Elements – Looking for resources to help implement some of the wellness policy elements? You'll find some right here
- All Foods Available on Campus
- National Standards and Guidelines
- School Meals
- Competitive Foods and Beverages
- Classroom Celebrations, Student Incentives, Rewards, Fundraisers
- Other School-Based Activities
Healthy School Nutrition Environment – Enhance your school nutrition and physical activity environment with these resources.
- Child Nutrition Program Resources
- Food Safety
- Menu Planning
- Recess Before Lunch
- Smarter Lunchrooms
- Walk or Bike to School
- Healthier School Day
- Support Healthier School Lunches
- Healthy Eating Design Guidelines for School Architecture
- School Health Guidelines to Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
Samples, Stories, and Guidance – Looking for samples, more ideas, or funding opportunities? Check out these examples and stories to boost your wellness efforts.
Research Reports – View various reports, issue briefs, data sets, and coding and evaluation tools related to wellness policies.
Grants / Funding Opportunities - Find information on specific grants related to child nutrition and physical activity as well as resources to locate grants and information on the grant writing process.